Meet Our Team
A MISSION is defined as “A sending out or being sent out with authority to perform a special duty.”
Matthew 28:18-20 ESV
“And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
The Mission Statement of The Church Of God:
The perpetuate the full gospel of Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:19-20) in the Spirit and power of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4, 6, & 13-19) through specific attention to and emphasis upon the centrality of Gods Word, world evangelization, ministerial development, Christian discipline, lay ministry, Biblical stewardship, church growth, church planting, family enrichment, and servant leadership.
We Exist for Following Reasons:
- EXALTATION - Our primary purpose is to exalt or worship God.
- EDIFICATION - We are to edify or build up the body of Christ.
- EDUCATION - We are to educate the believers.
- ENABLING - We are to assist believers in finding their place in the body and fulfilling their calling in Christ.
- EVANGELISM - We are to seek and save those who are lost.
DECLARATION OF FAITH
The Church of God believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The Church of God has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked