40. How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, and grieve him in the desert!
41. Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.
Trust what God says and not what the world says
- My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
- For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
- Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
- So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
- Trust (be bold; put confidence in; hope) in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
- In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
God’s outline for successful living
- Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
- For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
- Trust (be bold; put confidence in; hope) in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
- Delight (be soft and pliable) thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
- Commit (roll over on) thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
- And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
- Rest (cease; forbear; keep silent; rest; hold your peace) in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass